This is just something I whipped up the other day in the kitchen, trying to use up the last of the mango curd. This chocolate pudding is very bitter by itself, so if you are going to attempt it without the curd, I suggest adding more sweeteners and perhaps even some melted chocolate, as the chocolate flavor is a bit mild with just cocoa powder. With the mango curd swirled in, it is heavenly. The curd sweetens the chocolate without cutting the dark chocolate tones and adds the interesting combo of chocolate and lime. Surprisingly delicious! Serve with fresh berries for a sweet summer dessert.
Mango Chocolate Tofu Pudding
- 4 oz silken soft tofu
- ½ teaspoon chocolate extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup mango curd
- Dissolve coffee in the chocolate and vanilla extracts. Pulse in a food processor with the silken tofu.
- Add cocoa powder, corn starch, yogurt, and sweeteners to mixture. Puree until smooth.
- Heat mixture in a small saucepan over medium heat until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add salt.
- When mixture reaches a pudding consistency, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Chill in the fridge until completely cool.
- Swirl with mango curd and serve with fresh fruit.