September 21, 2008

Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus


Hummus... my love.

Usually. This version wasn't really my thing. I know. I feel like a traitor. But this whole spicy hummus thing was not up my alley. I usually love spicy foods. I like it so hot that my eyes water. Just don't mess with my sweet hummus.
.
But, in the hopes that this is your kind of thing, I am posting it. Next time I might use it and just omit the cayenne.
.


Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
  • 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

DIRECTIONS

  1. In an electric blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
  2. Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth, and slightly fluffy. Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses.
  3. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. Return to room temperature before serving.)
  4. Sprinkle the hummus with the chopped parsley before serving.



Aww... look how cute.

0 comments: