September 14, 2008

Newman's Own Sweet Dark Espresso Review


What's better than a smooth bar of chocolate? How about if it's organic, sinfully dark, and rife with coffee intensity? Yep. And does it make you feel better that the entire purchase price goes to charities in some form or another? Me, too.

I love this bar. Can you tell?

I warn you, though: this is not a bar for the coffee-weary. This chocolate packs a Starbucks-like punch, guaranteed to keep you bouncing off the wall in endorphins-spiked euphoria. Gotta love those beans. Too bad they aren't as healthy as your average bean.

Yeah, I know. You can't really see it. It's probably for the best. Well, the calories aren't so bad: 270... 200 of which are from fat. Yeah, it has a lot of saturated fat. A lot. But that's the price of chocolate, right? And besides, don't you want to help charity? Exactly. The less fortunate are counting on you to devour that bar, saturated fat or no.

Do you ever find that chocolate requires you to make excuses? Maybe it's just me... but I doubt it.


The good news is that this bar's intensity encourages savoring, not gorging. Astonishingly, I am actually able to stretch this bar over quite a few tastes. As you can see in the pic, it is thick and dark, perfect for a little melt-in-your-mouth goodness when you are having that chocolate craving.

Bottom line: If you like dark chocolate and intense coffee flavor, you should try this. What can it hurt? It's the least you can do for charity, right? Right. Now go eat some chocolate. I know I am!

0 comments: